In the new Philippine Health Agenda Framework 2016-2022 unveiled recently, the Department of Health aims to make health care accessible for all especially to the poorest families.
Thus, the DOH continues to urge Filipino doctors to serve the underserved communities and be Doctors to the Barrios (DTTB).
What are the benefits of being a DTTB?
- Plantilla item in DOH with Salary Grade of 25 with benefits and hazard pay
- FREE Masters Degree in Public Management major in Health Systems and Development at Development Academy of the Philippines
- PhilHealth benefits/reimbursements if Rural Health Unit (RHU) assigned to is accredited
- DOH trainings
- Priceless experiences: beautiful sceneries away from the hustle and bustle of city life, fresh meat, fresh vegetables, fresh seafood, etc.
- Meeting and immersion with some of the best and most inspiring people in the grassroots, and in the public health sector
- Learn management skills
- Learn how to improvise and innovate health programs and procedures
- Get to be involved in the decision-making of a local government and become a change agent
- Real life experiences.
How to apply to the Doctors to the Barrios program?
Write an application addressed to:
ELVIRA SN. DAYRIT, MD, MSc, MCH, CESO IV
Health Human Resource Development Bureau
Department of Health
San Lazaro Compound, Rizal Avenue
Sta. Cruz, Manila
Requirements for DTTB application:
- 4 copies Personal Data Sheet
- 4 copies Performance Description Form
- 4 copies Statement of Assets and Liabilities and Networth
- Authenticated PRC ID
- Authenticated PRC Board Rating
- Updated NBI clearance
- Other requirements maybe submitted once accepted.