The Philippine Fireworks Association (PFA) has released a safety guidelines on the proper usage of fireworks.
- DO NOT buy illegal or smuggled firecrackers like the DANGEROUS PICCOLO.
- Be SAFE, be SMART. Buy only QUALITY tested fireworks products that bear the PS QUALITY MARK.
- To all parents, please DO NOT let your children use any firecrackers, especially the banned Piccolo which is responsible for most firecracker-related injuries.
- Use safer pyrotechnics (pailaw) instead of firecrackers (paputok).
- Read safety instructions found on the packaging of each firework on how to use the fireworks before your actually use it.
- DO NOT buy any fireworks without proper labeling showing the name of the manufacturer and safety instructions.
- DO NOT light firecrackers when drunk.
- CLEAN your surroundings after using fireworks.