Good news to all PMA members!
The Philippine Medical Association (PMA) implements Amnesty Program anew to encourage more members to be active in the organization.
The PMA Amnesty Program 2018 is a move from the largest organization of doctors in the country to help members with financial difficulties that have resulted in accumulation of unpaid annual dues. Payment of annual dues is one of the ways to determine the membership status of the member.
In the past the PMA has implemented previous amnesty programs on discount basis i.e. the Balik PMA program. Despite these measures, some members still had difficulty settling their balances, thus the initiative of a large scale amnesty program was deemed a solution by the organization.
Who can avail of the PMA Amnesty Program 2018?
The following members can avail of the program:
- Those members who have unpaid dues from 2016-17 and earlier, provided the 2017-18 and 2018-19 PMA national dues and component society dues are paid in FULL.
- This program is available to all PMA members who have arrears but have not availed of amnesty in the past. A member may avail of amnesty only once throughout his/her PMA Membership.
Note: ONLY the national dues will be waived, but it is the discretion of the component society also waive unpaid local dues .
How to avail?
- Fill up the following forms:
- Submit the filled up forms to your local society secretariat.
The deadline of submission of application for amnesty to component society is on September 29, 2018.
Other dates to be followed for the amnesty program:
- August 1, 2018 – Start of application of members for amnesty to the component society. The component society collects, records, and documents all applications for amnesty and their membership forms.
- October 1-8, 2018 – The application forms, membership forms, and endorsement letter; addressed to the PMA Secretary General, Benjamin M. Alaban, MD; are to be sent to PMA Office by the component society.
- November 29, 2018 – Deadline of payment of 2017-18 and 2018-19 PMA National and component society dues by members availing of amnesty to their component society.
- December 28, 2018 – Deadline of payment remittance of 2017-18 and 2018-19 PMA National dues to PMA Office by the component society.
The PMA urges the local component society to encourage and reach out to its members who may benefit from this program.